Ace it! Targeted Intervention Program – Overview
Ace it! Tutoring provides a solid structure for an after-school intervention program. The curriculum content was appropriate; the teacher training was effective; the motivational program was well-organized, and the support provided to the teachers by the Ace it! Tutoring staff was very valuable.
- Boost student academic achievement
- Target essential reading and mathematics skills
- Provide education partners with a hassle-free program that’s convenient, efficient and adaptable to their needs
- Provide an engaging and enjoyable learning environment that inspires students to learn
- Effective, engaging teachers who excel in small group instruction
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Teaching certification required
- Intensive program training, on-going coaching and observation
- Curricula are based on latest educational research and best practices
- Reading and Math Curricula are aligned to state and Common Core standards
- Reading curriculum is based on current research, including the National Reading Panel (NRP)
- Designed to be systematic, explicit and intensive
- Math curriculum is based on current research, including the NCTM Focal Points and Principles and Standards for School Mathematics
- Designed to build conceptual understanding, procedural fluency and automatic recall of facts
- Small group instruction, cooperative learning and peer tutoring are proven to improve learning; when combined in our programs, the effect is powerful
Ace it! programs deliver differentiated instruction based on pre-assessments that determine students’ specific learning needs. We have a low student-teacher ratio of 4-8:1, and place students in small groups with other students who are at a similar instructional level. So students get the personalized attention they need, conveniently delivered right in your school.
- Assessment vehicles include:
- Pearson’s Group Reading Assessment and Diagnostic Evaluation (GRADE)
- Pearson’s Group Math Assessment and Diagnostic Evaluation (GMADE)
- Ace it!’s proprietary criterion-referenced assessment tool, Assessment of Student Achievement (ASA)
- Pre-program assessment guides student placement
- Post-assessment measures increased student achievement
- Proactive partnership
- Collaboration to determine mutually-agreed upon goals
- Continuous communication
- Individual and group progress reports
Since 2005, Ace it! has partnered with more than 750 schools and school districts to serve over 60,000 students nationwide.
- Ace it! school and district partners span over 100 cities and 34 states, from Brownsville, TX to Oakland, CA, from Bismark, ND to Grand Rapids, MI, from Portland, ME to Philadelphia, PA; small rural to large urban districts.
- Our partners consistently recommend Ace it! programs to fellow educators, citing our proven academic results and hassle-free program implementation.